My father-in-law Frank was a master-baker by trade and the most amazing chef I’d ever encountered! He created countless delicious recipes for family and customers, alike. I was also fortunate to get to spend a good amount of time in the kitchen with this amazing man, watching his techniques and learning from a true master, in every sense of the word.
This was one of his trademark recipes that I reworked to eliminate refined flour and sugar.
They turned out extremely flavourful and chocolaty, soft and chewy and decadent.
Makes 16 Servings | 10 Min. Prep | 20/25 Min. Cook
1/2 c. melted butter, grass-fed
1 c. organic coconut sugar
1/4 c. raw cocoa
1/4 c. Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, melted (or another 1/4 cup of cocoa), and a few more chocolate chips to top the brownies
1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla
1/2 c. almond flour
1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
8” or 9” square pan
- Preheat oven to 175C or 350F and grease an 8” or 9” pan with butter
- Beat vanilla and egg together in a medium bowl with hand mixer
- Add all other ingredients (except walnuts and a few chocolate chips for topping brownies), and mix until well combined
- Stir in nuts, if using
- Pour into the greased pan and sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips (if desired)
- Bake for 20 minutes. The brownies will be soft and may not seem done but that is the key to their “gooeyness”
- Let cool before cutting and enjoy!
I hope to see you on my blog, and if you like you can register here for my email updates. I never spam!