Greek Chicken Salad
Please, please do not use a farmed salmon variety. It is environmentally destructive, the taste is abhorrent as is the overall nutritional content.
Makes 4 Servings | 15 Min. Prep | 15 Min. Cooking
- 2 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20 oz. Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 3 c. Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 c. Red onion (finely diced)
- 1 c. Pitted Kalamata Olives (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- spoon, kitchen knife and cutting board
- mixing bowl
Combine the Greek seasoning, lemon juice, and 1/4 of the olive oil in a shallow bowl or ziploc bag. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for 20 minutes or overnight.
Preheat a grill or skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and cook for 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, make the salad by combining the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Divide the salad and chicken between plates. Enjoy!
I hope to see you on my blog, and if you like you can register here for my email updates.