Greek Lemon Chicken
Makes 4 Servings | 10 Min. Prep | 45 Min. Cooking
• 4lbs Chicken Thighs
• 5 (+/-) Russet Potatoes
• 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
• 1 (generous) tablespoon Dried Oregano
• 1 (generous) tablespoon Freshly Finely Minced Garlic
• 1/2 cup Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
• 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2/3 cup Chicken Broth *adjust accordingly
• Roasting Tray
• Tongs / Strainer
• Large Mixing Bowl
Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
Add chicken (skin side up), potatoes, olive oil, chicken broth, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and stir together in a large bowl to coat chicken and potatoes.
Place potatoes and chicken on roasting tray. Pour roughly 3/4 of the remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes (reserving the remaining oil).
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes; loosen potatoes, and retoss the chicken keeping skin side up.
Return roasting tray to the oven; cook chicken unitil it is no longer pink at the bone and its juices run clear. Remove Chicken, set aside and keep warm.
- [Optional] Set oven to broil potatoes and toss potatoes in pan juices. Place the roasting tray and broil until potatoes are caramelized, two minutes or so and remove potatoes and keep warm with the chicken.
- Place the HOT roasting pan on the stove on medium heat. Add some of the chicken broth and stir the browned bits from the bottom of the roasting tray. Strain and spoon the juices over chicken and potatoes. Enjoy!
I hope to see you on my blog, and if you like you can register here for my email updates.