Summer Fresh Recipes
I've had lots of folks reach out to me on Instagram and Facebook after last week's blog post on BBQ chicken with veg. So I decided to post a couple more ideas to help you celebrate Canada Day and the Fourth of July.
No matter what side of the border you find yourself on, be sure to unwind with family, friends and some healthy BBQ!
BBQ Pork with Peach Salsa
Makes 3 Servings | 3.5 Hours Prep (inc'l marinatitng time) | 30 Min. Cooking
- 1 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 servings BBQ Sauce
- 2 Peach (pitted and diced)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Zip-lock bag
- Large bowl
- BBQ grill
- Kitchen knife and cutting board
If you dont have a BBQ Sauce try this one.
Place BBQ sauce and pork in a ziplock bag and massage until well coated. Refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
Meanwhile, make your peach salsa. In a bowl, combine diced peach, red onion, tomato, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to cook, preheat grill on medium heat (about 350F).
Place pork on the grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes (or until internal temperature reads 145-160F). At the halfway mark, flip over and baste generously with leftover marinade.
Increase the grill to high heat and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until pork is a bit charred. During this time, baste the pork with the leftover marinade 1-2 more times. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
Slice BBQ pork and serve over spinach. Top with peach salsa and enjoy!
- No BBQ - Roast marinated pork in the oven at 350F and follow the same instructions. Switch to the broiler for the final 2-3 minutes.
- Make it Spicy - Add more chili powder to your BBQ sauce and/or chopped jalapeno pepper to the salsa.
- Chinese BBQ Pork- Mix honey with your leftover marinade and generously baste your pork while it is cooking. Repeat several times.
Summer Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Makes 4 Servings | 20 Min. Prep | 0 Min. Cooking
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Pecans (toasted)
- 1 Avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 Grapefruit (juiced)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mixing bowl
Fill each individual salad bowl with a large handful of arugula. Evenly set the pecans, avocado, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries across all bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with a bit of your chopped basil.
Create your dressing by combining your grapefruit juice, olive oil and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and stir. Spoon the dressing evenly over each bowl. Enjoy!
Coconut Banana Ice Cream
Makes 6 Servings | 5 Min. Prep | 0 Min. Cooking
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Coconut Milk (full-fat, canned)
- 5 Banana (sliced and frozen)
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Occasionally turn the blender off and scrape down the sides if needed.
Scoop into bowls and enjoy immediately as soft serve or for firmer ice cream, transfer to a baking pan and freeze for at least 1.5 hours before scooping.